Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a fantastic BBQ sauce! And if you like balsamic vinegar, this is a REALLY fantastic BBQ sauce! We use it on everything but our favorite is chicken.
- 2 large julienne cut onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Slowly cook onions on medium low heat, in oil, until they caramelize, about 20-25 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, paste, vinegar and cook 15 minutes.
- Add brown sugar and cook until a thick consistency is reached.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper. Taste and adjust to your liking. You may add Tabasco too if you like an added kick!
We loved this sauce with grilled t-bone steaks. However we did find it a little too sweet. So next time I will cut down the brown sugar, probably to 3/4 cup.