Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I just love baked BEETS! Being Red one of the things I like to serve on Valentines Day!
- 1⁄4 cup chopped hazelnuts (toasted,and skin removed)
- 6 medium beets, trimmed
- 1 red onion, sliced very very thinly (paper thin)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- finely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Wrap the beets in a large piece of aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 425 degrees F for 45-50 minutes, until just tender.
- When cool enough to handle, peel and slice thinly.
- In a small jar, shake together the vinegar, olive oil, and honey.
- Pouring over the beets and onions.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- The beets can be eaten warm or marinate in the refrigerator several hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, stir in nuts and parsley.
OH Rita L!!!I loved these beets!!!!This makes a wonderfuly earthy dish.I could eat the whole thing by myself and,next time I will be doubling the recipe!!Thanks for posting this great little salad!5***** to you!!
Oh My, Oh My these are SOOooo delicious, My Dh and I eat the whole thing, I let them marinate for about 6 hours. I used home canned beets from my garden. Love the balsamic vinegar, olive oil & the sweetness of the honey.The hazelnuts added a nice crunchy flavor to them. I will be making these again soon. The recipe is a KEEPER.
Wow...we really loved these yummy baked beets!! I made a half recipe because I only had 3 medium beets on hand from my trip to the farmer's market, but I made the full recipe of the dressing. I let the beets marinate for about 6 hours before serving them chilled. The flavors combined and complemented each other very well. My daughter and I are the main beet lovers in the family and we managed to finish them off in one sitting. Next time, I will definitely make a full recipe. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe...it is definitely a keeper!! *Made for ZWT6 Xtra Hot Dishes*