Recipe by Rita~
I just love baked BEETS! Being Red one of the things I like to serve on Valentines Day!
Top Review by Theresa P
OH Rita L!!!I loved these beets!!!!This makes a wonderfuly earthy dish.I could eat the whole thing by myself and,next time I will be doubling the recipe!!Thanks for posting this great little salad!5***** to you!!
- 1⁄4 cup chopped hazelnuts (toasted,and skin removed)
- 6 medium beets, trimmed
- 1 red onion, sliced very very thinly (paper thin)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- finely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Wrap the beets in a large piece of aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 425 degrees F for 45-50 minutes, until just tender.
- When cool enough to handle, peel and slice thinly.
- In a small jar, shake together the vinegar, olive oil, and honey.
- Pouring over the beets and onions.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- The beets can be eaten warm or marinate in the refrigerator several hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, stir in nuts and parsley.