Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
OK, This is a recipe that has been taken from another recipe and changed to use asparagus, and credit for the idea must go to kelbel, Brussels Sprouts With Bacon, Pistachios and Balsamic Vinegar. I hope you enjoy this!
- 500 g asparagus, chopped
- 250 g chopped and fried bacon
- 1⁄4 cup brown pistachios
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- Add asparagus to frypan and cook til slightly golden.
- add bacon, pistachios and balsamic vinegar.
- cook until vinegar has reduced.
- serve with , poppy seeds sprinkled on top with salt and freshly ground pepper.
I made this slightly different to the recipe-I left my asparagus whole, pan fried it tender crsip, added the vinegar and reduced it then sprinkled over the pistachios and heated them through. I served the asparagus with crumbled (cooked) prosciutto over it and omitted the poppy seeds. Delicious! Our visitors arrived with a screaming baby so thoughts of taking photos went out the window!