Recipe by scionix
I got this from a friend. It's one of those easy recipes that makes people think you know what you're doing in the kitchen. I love those. (As with all of my recipes, I guessed on the amounts cause I always just eye it.)
Top Review by Baby Kato
We really enjoyed the asparagus prepared this way. Wow, it had flavor, love the addition of the vinegar and brown sugar, it really elevates the dish with another layer of flavor. I will definitely be making this again. It was quick and easy to make with great results, lovely textures and great flavor. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for Whats on the Menu? Tag Game 2015.
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 3 -5 slices bacon, diced
- 1 -2 bunch asparagus
- 1 -2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 -2 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet: Sautee onions in the drippings for a couple of minutes then add bacon. Let cook over med. heat for a few minutes.
- Add asparagus and vinegar and salt. Let cook for 5- 10 minute over med. heat.
- Stir in brown sugar (this is optional but man, it contrasts the vinegar very well) and either: a)cover and cook on stovetop to desired tenderness or b)broil to desired tenderness (He broils his but I live in an apartment w/ limited resources so I just cook in skillet til tender.).