- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus (about 40 spears)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, about 10, cut in half
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons orange juice (optional)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop woody ends off asparagus.
- Microwave for 2 to 3 minutes, or cook in boiling, salted water until barely tender, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Plunge into ice water to stop cooking.
- Add cherry tomatoes.
- Stir together vinegar, orange juice and garlic; season to taste.
- Spoon dressing over asparagus and tomatoes.