Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe on Food Network and it is incredible. Really easy to prepare and one of my (picky) husbands favorite meals! I have also made it with sirloin, just as good and a little cheaper :) I buy the peppered goat cheese from the deli and it adds a little spice.
- 1 1⁄2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 30 ounces filet mignon steaks (each about 1-inch thick, six 5 ounce steaks)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese
- Boil balsamic vinegar and sugar in a heavy small saucepan over medium-high heat until reduced to 1/3 cup, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Melt the butter in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle the steaks with salt and pepper.
- Cook the steaks to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Transfer the steaks to a baking sheet.
- Crumble the cheese over the steaks and broil just until the cheese melts, about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with pepper.
- Drizzle the balsamic sauce around the steaks and serve.
I do not like much red meat and , but I love filet mignon and made this recipe for my husband and you now what? I loved it! It was wonderful and full of flavor. I didn't have basalmic vinegar, so used red wine vinegar.Thank you very much! I will be making this again for sure.
Saw that Everyday Italian! We love this! The sweet and the salty with the buttery meat. So good!!!