Prep 8 hrs
Cook 30 mins
Make sure your grill is hot before adding your steak. A hot grill quickly sears the outside of the meat, sealing the meat so it stays juicy and tender. Adding a packet of potatoes or vegetables while the steak cooks will save you time and work and supply you with a great side.
- Mix all the ingredients except for the steak in a shallow glass dish or a food storage bag.
- Add steak, turning to coat.
- Cover the dish or seal the bag.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from the marinade; reserve marinade.
- Grill over direct high heat for 5 minutes; turn steak and sear the other side.
- Move steak to a cooler part of the grill; cover and grill until desired doneness, turning and brushing with reserved marinade once or twice. (This is a good time to place packet potatoes or a vegetable packet over the hot side of the grill to go with your steak. Don't forget to turn them occasionally while your steak cooks).
- Discard any remaining marinade.
- To serve, cut beef into slices across the grain into slices.
Update Jan 09. I marinated a Flank Steak and it was "The Bomb". If it has too much heat for some of your guest.... Serve some sour cream... Thanks again! This was good..... I used a nice and large NY. I am not much of a chili sauce fan but it provided just the right amount of HEAT! I will definitely make this one again with a cheaper cut of meat and let it site over night. Thanks!
Sorry, but this did not do it for us. I used a skirt steak, marinated overnight, and cookd over charcoal. It was way too sweet for us. but then we don't like weet and sour pork or chicken either! Koechin/Chef
Y U M M I E! We used the marinade on iron stake and we were all sing the yum yum song. This is a definite keeper thank you