Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious variation for roasting carrots. Perfect as an accompaniment to a roast or a casserole.
- 500 g baby carrots, peeled and halved lengthways
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons light muscovado sugar
- Heat the oven to 180/gas mark 4.
- Cook the carrots in boiling water for 10-15 minutes until they are starting to soften, but still have some bite. Drain and pat dry.
- Spread the carrots out in a roasting tin. Drizzle with the oil and vinegar, then sprinkle with sugar. Season well with sea salt and black pepper, then roast for about 45 minutes, turning occasionally until the sugar has caramelised and the carrots are soft and tender.
Delicious! These are so tender with a wonderful subtle balsamic flavor. Would not change a thing. Made using 1 lb. pack of fresh peeled baby carrots and baked at 375*F. Put these in our favorites book. Thanks for the post.
Yum! I cut this down to a small serving ( one large carrot cut into sticks) and added a couple of slices of onion. To reduce cooking time I splashed them with olive oil then microwaved for a couple of minutes. I put them on foil and added the rest of the ingredients then roasted for 10 minutes at 450 degrees. They came out perfectly cooked, my only regret was making just a single serving. Made for PRMRT.
Takes a long time to make but easy. Quantity of balsamic vinegar depends on your vinegar, be careful. Ugly, but tasty.