Recipe by Bergy
Caution DO NOT Make this fudge the recipe is incorrect will be corrected shortly!!!!!! Got a sweet tooth? Simple recipe for a tasty fudge add nuts if you wish
Top Review by MizzNezz
This recipe took a bit longer to prepare than stated. I added chopped pecans, and put it in an 11x7 pan for thicker pieces. The taste is wonderful! I will make this again. Thanks Bergy!
- 16 tablespoons butter (2 sticks)
- 5 cups light brown sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract (a bit more if you want a stronger flavor)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a heavy bottomed saucepan over low heat.
- Add milk, water, sugar and vanilla.
- Stir with a whisk until the sugar dissolves.
- Turn up the heat and simmer, stirring constantly until it reaches the soft ball stage (test it by putting a little fudge in a cup of cold water if it forms a ball it's ready or use a thermometer and it reaches 236F) Pull the pan off the heat and stir until the fudge thickens.
- Pour into a 9x13"pan and smooth out with a spatula.
- Allow to cool before cutting.