Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Easy addition to cookie trays! Bourbon and coffee go together very well in these little gems. The bourbon taste is very mellow in these, so you won't have to worry about it being overpowering.
- 2 cups dark raisins
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 lb vanilla wafer
- 1⁄2 lb confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 6 ounces Bourbon
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- Chop raisins and pecans fine.
- Crush vanilla wafers.
- Combine raisins, peacans, wafers, sugar, cocoa, bourbon and corn syrup.
- If mixture is too dry, just add a little extra corn syrup.
- Mix well.
- Let mixture sit for 1 to 2 hours to blend flavors.
- In another bowl, mix sugar and coffee together.
- Make balls about the size of marbles out of the wafer mixture and drop into sugar mixture.
- Coat well.
- Store in an air tight container until ready to serve.