Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
All-American ingredients come together on the (home)plate for an all-star taste in record breaking time!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 hot dog, sliced in 1/4 inch rounds
- 2 slices American cheese
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped (optional)
- frank red hot sauce or Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Place cheese slices side by side on plate.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high and saute hot dog slices (and onions, if using) until edges are browned (about 3-5 minutes).
- Spoon hot dog and onion over cheese (to get the melting process started).
- Pour eggs in pan (add oil if needed), wait until they set, and then scramble to desired consistency (I take mine out when they're still moist).
- Spoon scrambled eggs over hot dog, onion and cheese.
- Stir everything together with fork (if not melted enough, microwave for 15-30 seconds, but be careful).
- Top with hot sauce.
We've been eating this for years!!! It's a great way to use up left over hot dogs. We sometimes use left over smoked sausage. We add peppers to. It is a great way to clean out the crisper drawer.
This was served for a late breakfast and was very popular. It would also be good for a summer supper. We are two adults, but really enjoyed this meal. A fun change from the usual.
A Mmmm according to our 5 year old.