Recipe by Lila Martin
When I was a teenager, my mother made this wine quite often. It is a sweeter wine, so if you like your wine a little drier, decrease the sugar. I like it just the way it is, and have for many years.
Top Review by anola
This recipe is great. I only used 4 cups of sugar and I boiled the water first. Also I sterilized the jugs. Turned out really good. It was quite strong. The easiest wine I have ever made. Thanks for the recipe Lila.
- 6 cups sugar
- 1 package yeast
- 1 quart unsweetened grape juice or 1 quart other unsweetened juice
- 12 raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix juice, sugar, yeast and raisins in a 1-gallon small mouth glass jar.
- Fill to neck of jar with water and mix well.
- Place a large balloon over opening of jar and secure with a rubber band.
- Put the jar with mixture in a place where it won't have to be moved.
- Let stand about 6 weeks.
- After 6 weeks is over, wine may be strained and bottled.