Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a play on words, meat balls and colby jack cheese Balling the jack means getting on down the road, Now it is Hammer down,Pedal to the Metal.(accelerator down) A good Chowder served with cornbread or Garlic Toast.
- 3 cups water
- 3 teaspoons syco beef base or 3 teaspoons syco chicken base or 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms or 2 (4 ounce) cans mushroom stems and pieces, with juice
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 cup diced sweet green peppers, yellow, green sweet peppers or 1 cup of chopped red yellow green sweet pepper
- 20 frozen italian meatballs (appetizer size)
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- Chop mushrooms, onion and peppers.
- In stockpot add water and broth base of your choice.Add chopped vegetables. Simmer 15 minutes.
- Add meat balls. Turn heat on low until they are heated through.
- Add milk, white pepper, cilantro and margarine. Simmer on low. Do not boil. Milk will curdle.
- Add 3/4 cup Colby Jack cheese. Fold in the cheese.
- Serve in individual bowls with remaining cheese sprinkled on top.
- Add cooked sliced potatoes if you wish.
- Note: Make Italian Turkey Meat Balls #38501.
- The meat balls and chowder are very easy to make. Meat balls can be frozen.