Montana Heart Song's Note:
This is a play on words, meat balls and colby jack cheese Balling the jack means getting on down the road, Now it is Hammer down,Pedal to the Metal.(accelerator down) A good Chowder served with cornbread or Garlic Toast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups water
- 3 teaspoons syco beef base or 3 teaspoons syco chicken base or 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms or 2 (4 ounce) cans mushroom stems and pieces, with juice
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 cup diced sweet green peppers, yellow, green sweet peppers or 1 cup of chopped red yellow green sweet pepper
- 20 frozen italian meatballs (appetizer size)
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 1/2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1Chop mushrooms, onion and peppers.
- 2In stockpot add water and broth base of your choice.Add chopped vegetables. Simmer 15 minutes.
- 3Add meat balls. Turn heat on low until they are heated through.
- 4Add milk, white pepper, cilantro and margarine. Simmer on low. Do not boil. Milk will curdle.
- 5Add 3/4 cup Colby Jack cheese. Fold in the cheese.
- 6Serve in individual bowls with remaining cheese sprinkled on top.
- 7Add cooked sliced potatoes if you wish.
- 8Note: Make Italian Turkey Meat Balls #38501.
- 9The meat balls and chowder are very easy to make. Meat balls can be frozen.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balling the Jack Chowder (For My Trucking Man) & I
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.7
- Calories from Fat 371
- Total Fat 41.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 59.0 mg
- Sodium 583.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 17.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: