Recipe by Mille®
A delightful recipe from the Spey Valley in the Scottish Highlands.
Top Review by kay cameron
This was a delicious recipe and it was extremely easy to follow. The only thing I did dofferent was to add a little more tomato puree than was suggested. But it was very delicious and we will be having it again very soon!
- 8 chicken breasts
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 20 fluid ounces cream
- 4 tablespoons tomato puree
- 8 slices ham
- 8 tablespoons cheese, grated
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- poultry seasoning, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry chicken breasts gently in butter on both sides.
- Place them in a flat dish and cover with a slice of ham.
- Fry onion in butter and place on top of chicken and ham.
- Then sprinkle thickly with grated cheese.
- Pour tomato purée into the pan with the chicken juices, fold in cream and season to taste.
- Heat and pour over chicken.
- Place in moderate oven 350°F/ 180°C/ Gas Mark 4 for 30 minutes.
- Serve with brown rice.