Recipe by loof
My daughter's boyfriend's mom gave her a cookbook that was created by the Houston Ballet for their Nutcracker Christmas Market in 1984. The recipes in the book were submitted by directors, choreographers, and dancers in the Houston Ballet that year. This recipe was submitted by Jeanne Doornbos, Soloist.
- 1 cup rice
- 8 slices bacon
- 3 jalapenos
- 2 cups sour cream
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the rice according to package directions. Cook and crumble the bacon. Mince the jalapenos. Slice the Monterey Jack cheese into thin slices.
- Layer 1/2 of the rice in the bottom of a greased 8x8 casserole dish. Dot with butter and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover with 1 cup of sour cream, 1/2 of the jalapenos, 1/2 of the bacon, and 1/2 of the Monterey Jack cheese.
- Repeat the layers.
- Top with grated cheddar cheese and a sprinkling of paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.