Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the recipe I have always used to make Plum Jam. My family loves this!
Make and share this Ball Blue Book Plum Jam recipe from Food.com.
- Never double canning recipe!
- Combine plums, water, lemon juice, and pectin in a large sauce pot. Bring to a rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add sugar; return to a rolling boil. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Pour hot into hot jars, leaving 1/4" head space. Adjust caps.
- Process 10 minutes in boiling water bath.
- Brandied Plum Jam: add 1 cup brandy to fruit mixture.
- Plum Orange Spice Jam: add zest from 1 orange, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp nutmeg to fruit mixture.