1/3 Photos of Ball Blue Book Peach or Pear Jam
Homemade peach or pear jam. Recipe taken from the Ball Blue Book of Preserving. Yields about 8 half-pints (I got slightly more).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 946.0 ml peaches (peeled, pitted or cored, and finely chopped, 4 cups equals 1 quart or about 5 pounds peaches or pear) or 946.0 ml pear (peeled, pitted or cored, and finely chopped, 4 cups equals 1 quart or about 5 pounds peaches or pear)
- 1774.42 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 85.04 g envelope liquid pectin
- 1Combine fruit, sugar and lemon juice in a large saucepan. Bring slowly to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- 2Stir in liquid pectin. Return to a rolling boil. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 3Remove from heat. Skim foam if necessary.
- 4Ladle hot jam into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Adjust two-piece caps.
- 5Process 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner. (Note: Add appropriate additional processing time for high altitudes).
- 6Recipe variation:.
- 7Add 1 teaspoon whole cloves, 1/2 teaspoon whole allspice and 1 cinnamon stick tied in a spice bag to jam during cooking. Remove spice bag before filling jars.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ball Blue Book Peach or Pear Jam
Serving Size: 1 (2262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 761.8
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 196.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 194.6 g
- Protein 0.8 g