Top Review by Anu
Very easy, filling, and rather unusual pasta dish; I hadn't realised how well spaghetti and yogurt go together. Next time I make it, I'd either double the amount of tomato paste, or throw in some chopped tomatoes just before serving, for that added fresh bite. Also, I felt the amount of oil was a tad too much... half would easily suffice, methinks. Thanks for a really unique recipe! :)
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti or 1⁄2 lb buckwheat noodle
- 3 ounces olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 1⁄2 pints water
- 2 (175 g) cartons balkan style yogurt (I use plain yoghurt if Balkan is not available)
- 3 cloves garlic
- to taste salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti until al dente. Return the spaghetti to the still-hot saucepan and toss it, with two forks, with a tablespoonful of butter.
- See that every strand of spaghetti is coated with the butter.
- In a small pan, heat the oil and fry the chopped garlic in it for a minute or two, then add the tomato paste, and season with salt and a good grate of black pepper.
- Take the pan off the heat, add the yogurt and pour the mixture over the spaghetti.