1/2 Photos of Balinese Rice Salad
One of my favorite salads in the Moosewood Daily Special cookbook. It can be made quickly with leftover rice and served as a main course or side dish that is perfect for last minute picnic or easy summer supper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup prepared mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple or 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 scallions, sliced on the diagonal
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 yellow bell peppers or 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 cups bean sprouts (about 1/2 lb)
- 1 cup drained baby corn
- 1/2 cup toasted peanuts or 1/2 cup cashews
- 1In a blender, puree all the dressing ingredients until smooth.
- 2In a large serving bowl, combine the rice, pineapple, scallions, celery, peppers, and raisins.
- 3Add the dressing and toss well.
- 4Gently mix the sprouts and baby corn or scatter them on tap if you prefer.
- 5Garnish with nuts.
- 6Serve at room temperature or chill for about 30 minutes.
- 7Toast nuts in a single layer on an un-oiled baking tray at 350F for about 5 minutes, until golden.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balinese Rice Salad
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 664.9
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 582.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 120.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 16.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: