Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Avocado and chocolate? The combination sounds surprising but tastes great! This dessert recipe was developed by Kirsti Soukka who wanted to recreate a dessert she enjoyed on her holiday in Bali.
- 500 ml milk
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 60 ml sugar
- 50 g dark chocolate, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ripe avocados
- 150 ml milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- grated chocolate
- To make chocolate pudding: Combine milk, corn starch and sugar in a saucepan.
- Bring the mixture slowly to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil for one minute, stirring all the time.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and add grated chocolate, stir to combine.
- Add vanilla, stir.
- Pour the mixture into a tall, narrow dish: the mixture will form a crust when it cools, and the narrower the dish, the less crust will form.
- Allow the mixture to cool and remove said crust.
- To make avocado mixture: Peel avocados and discard pits.
- Combine fruit pulp, milk, sugar and lemon juice, puree the mixture until smooth.
- To serve: Take four drinking glasses and a piece of thin cardboard.
- Cut four pieces of cardboard to fit in the glasses and'halve' them vertically.
- Pour chocolate mixture on one side of the cardboard, avocado mixture on the other.
- Carefully remove the cardboard.
- Sprinkle grated chocolate on top, pop in a spoon, and serve!
Unusual but very good.
I can't believe this sublime taste sensation has been quietly hiding here & undiscovered for so long. This is great stuff & so easy to fix. The avocado is the star here & it truly shines. I'm not sure exactly why I used my proportions, but ... I had 1 very lrg avocado & used 100 ml of heavy cream, the full amt of sugar & half the amt of lemon juice. Your method of assembly using the cardboard sounded visually stunning, but I was impatient & not very good at it. So I created a well in the choc pudding & used an ice cream scoop to ladle in the avocado mix. Then I sprinkled the top w/a spoonful of tiny choc chips & ate w/gusto. The avocado part of this dessert is so special that I could have eaten it right from its container w/a spoon. I guarantee this gets repeated. Ths for posting, stormy. Yum!