Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
The recipe for these tropical wings came from a junior league cookbook. The recipe can easily be doubled if you are feeding a crowd.
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped gingerroot
- 20 chicken wings
- Mix the soy sauce, pineapple juice, vinegar, honey, sesame oil, green onions, garlic and ginger in a large bowl. Take out about 1/3 of the sauce and reserve in your refrigerator.
- Cut the tip sections from the chicken wings and discard. Add the wings to the marinade. Marinate, covered in the fridge for 2-10 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the chicken, throwing away the marinade. Arrange the wings on 2 baking sheets and roast them at 400 for 1 hour.
- Serve wings with reserved marinade for dipping.
Yummy! I doubled this recipe for 4 lbs of wings. I was able to let these marinate for 12 hours and the flavor was great. I made this just as written. Because these aren't spicy hot, these are perfect for parties ...... for both adults and kids. Thanx for sharing!