Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs
The secret is the horseradish. It gives a kick to this without making it too spicy. A nice addition to outdoor picnics, it's great paired with all the traditional fixings.
- Drain baked beans in colander in sink.
- Fry up bacon according to directions on package until crisp and let drain on paper towels. Crumble when cooled.
- Finely chop red pepper and yellow onion.
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot.
- Cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on the low setting.
Mmmmm! Yum! I made these for a potluck and after I had mixed them up I decided it didn't look like enough so added an additional 16 oz can of baked beans (mostly drained) and left everything else the same. I used vegetarian Bush's baked beans, red onion, a mix of homemade bbq sauces (cleaning out the fridge lol) and dark brown sugar. I also skipped the bacon frying step and cut it into pieces (raw) and let it cook in the beans (only used 3 slices), which I did for the 4 hours on high. My office smells great now! lol Thanks for the recipe!