Quick and simple modern interpretation of baklava with walnuts
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the grill.
- 2Take one sheet of pastry and brush with butter (keeping the remaining sheets covered with a damp tea towel). Place another pastry sheet over the first, brush with butter. Repeat this process with the remaining sheets. Brush the final layer with butter then sprinkle the walnuts, sugar and cinnamon on top.
- 3Cut the stack into nine pieces (they will measure about 14cm x 9cm each). Cut each rectangle in half diagonally to form triangles.
- 4Put the triangles on a baking tray lined with baking paper and place 15cm below the grill. Grill for three to four minutes until the sugar starts to caramelise and the tops are dark golden. Watch closely, because the pastry and nuts burn quickly. Cool the wafers on a wire rack.
- 5Lemon Honey Syrup : Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
- 6To assemble, place a baklava wafer in the centre of six plates. Top each with a tablespoon of yoghurt, another wafer, more yoghurt and a final wafer. Pour lemon honey syrup liberally over each.
- 7Kim Hill RNZ 18/6/05.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baklava Wafers With Yoghurt & Lemon Honey Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.6
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 17.8 mg
- Sodium 114.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 32.9 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: