Recipe by Wendelina
Delicious syrup for over your baklava. Way better than just honey!
Top Review by nott
I used this recipe more as an inspiration rather than following it directly. I left out the lemon and orange. I added a crushed cardamom pod to the simmering mixture. I really like the addition of the vanilla extract. Thank you for this recipe Wendelina.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 orange slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saucepan, combine sugar, water, cloves, and cinnamon. Simmer 2 minutes.
- Add honey, lemon and orange. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla and remove from heat.
- Discard cinnamon, cloves and oranges.
- Spoon over warm (not hot) baklava and cool completely before serving.
- Cover an store up to 5 days.