"There’s no denying that baklava is great on its own, but it’s over-the-top sensational when combined with peaches and ice cream in the guise of a sundae. In honor of outdoor cooking season, this recipe adds grilled peaches to add some extra flavor..........you can use roasted pears or apples during fall or winter." You can make your own Baklava recipe or buy some (good quality) from the store. Try it with Greek yogurt. Cook time posted is when store bought Baklava is used.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium peaches
- 6 scoops vanilla ice cream (or cinnamon or honey caramel)
- 4 pieces baklava (purchased or homemade)
- 6 tablespoons ouzo (or another anise-flavored liqueur) (optional)
- 1Heat a charcoal or gas grill to medium temperature (about 350°F).
- 2Halve and pit the peaches.
- 3When the grill is heated, place peaches cut side down on the grate and grill until they have grill marks and are slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- 4Rotate peaches 90 degrees and continue grilling until the skin shrivels a bit and the flesh becomes tender, about 3 minutes more.
- 5Remove from the grill.
- 6To assemble the sundaes, place one grilled peach half in each serving dish and top with a large scoop of ice cream.
- 7Crumble one piece of Baklava over the top and, if desired, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the ouzo.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baklava Sundae With Grilled Peaches
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.4
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.8 mg
- Sodium 28.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: