Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
"There’s no denying that baklava is great on its own, but it’s over-the-top sensational when combined with peaches and ice cream in the guise of a sundae. In honor of outdoor cooking season, this recipe adds grilled peaches to add some extra flavor..........you can use roasted pears or apples during fall or winter." You can make your own Baklava recipe or buy some (good quality) from the store. Try it with Greek yogurt. Cook time posted is when store bought Baklava is used.
- 3 medium peaches
- 6 scoops vanilla ice cream (or cinnamon or honey caramel)
- 4 pieces baklava (purchased or homemade)
- 6 tablespoons ouzo (or another anise-flavored liqueur) (optional)
- Heat a charcoal or gas grill to medium temperature (about 350°F).
- Halve and pit the peaches.
- When the grill is heated, place peaches cut side down on the grate and grill until they have grill marks and are slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Rotate peaches 90 degrees and continue grilling until the skin shrivels a bit and the flesh becomes tender, about 3 minutes more.
- Remove from the grill.
- To assemble the sundaes, place one grilled peach half in each serving dish and top with a large scoop of ice cream.
- Crumble one piece of Baklava over the top and, if desired, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the ouzo.
- Serve immediately.