Prep 20 mins
Cook 23 mins
This is a very simplified version of baklava served with ice cream. Yum! Recipe by Rachael Ray, only slightly adapted.
- 4 sheets phyllo dough (13 x 17 inches each)
- 4 -6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- honey, for topping
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lay down a sheet of parchment paper on a cookie sheet and then put your first layer of phyllo dough down on it. Brush the phyllo with a little butter and then sprinkle about one-third of the walnuts. Mix the sugar and cinnamon together and then sprinkle 1/3 C over the walnuts. Repeat the phyllo, butter, sugar-cinnamon and walnut steps two more times, finishing with the fourth sheet of phyllo.
- Cut the pastry into 3 inch squares with a sharp knife. Cover the pastry with another sheet of parchment and another cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 18-23 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and serve while warm with the ice cream and a drizzle of honey.