Recipe by TigerJo~
One of my friends deemed this "Baklava Salmon" and the name stuck. The salmon & mustard go well with the honey, butter, and walnuts. We usually serve this with rice and steamed carrots or broccoli.
- 59.14 ml butter
- 44.37 ml whole grain mustard (or your favorite) or 44.37 ml Dijon mustard (or your favorite)
- 22.18 ml honey
- 59.14 ml dry breadcrumbs
- 59.14 ml walnuts or 59.14 ml pecans, finely chopped
- 19.71 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 (453.59 g) salmon fillets
- fresh ground pepper
- kosher salt
- 0 limes (optional) or 1 lemon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°; Line shallow roasting pan with non-stick aluminum foil, or spray with non-stick pan spray.
- In small bowl, blend butter, mustard, and honey, set aside; in another bowl, mix together bread crumbs, nuts, and parsley.
- Place salmon fillets on prepared pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and brush with honey-mustard mixture; sprinkle tops with crumb/nut mixture; if any remains, press into sides of salmon.
- Bake salmon 12-15 minutes in preheated oven, or until it flakes easily with a fork, serve with lime or lemon wedge.