Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Baklava, served as a roll-up
- 1⁄8 cup butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, raw
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey, divided
- 12 sheets phyllo dough
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a cookie sheet with butter flavored spray. Reserve.
- In a food processor, combine almonds and pistachios. Pulse to coarsely chop. Add butter, cinnamon, and sugar and pulse to combine. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Place 1 sheet of phyllo on a flat work surface, short side facing you. Spray with butter flavored spray. Repeat with second layer. Spread 1/3 of nut mixture over the dough, leaving a 1-inch margin at the top and bottom.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons honey.
- Cover with a layer of phyllo, spray with butter-flavored spray. Repeat with second layer of phyllo. Spray with butter-flavored spray.
- Starting from the bottom, roll up into a thin cylinder (like a cigar) to the top.
- Seam-side down, cut crossways into 5 sections. Transfer to baking sheet, seam side down. Spray with butter-flavored spray.
- Repeat with second and third batch.
- Bake until crust is evenly golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven, drizzle with 2 tablespoons honey and serve.