Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a neat desert or appetizer for people who like Baklava but hate the sticky mess it leaves behind. Unfortunatly the shells may not be available in all locations.
- Melt butter in microwave in small mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and cinnamon and mix with a spoon.
- Add nuts and mix again.
- Place shells on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Put enough nut mixture to fill shell. (Make sure to put a little of the liquid in each shell.).
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Add a drop of honey to each shell.
This was great! I picked up what I thought were phyllo pastry shells - but there were only 6 to a box, they were Pepperidge Farm's Puff Pastry Shells. You also needed to bake these shells before filling them. So, I baked for about 15 minutes, pulled them out 1/2 done, pulled out the center of the pastry, filled them with the pecan mix (I only used pecans) and then baked them for another 15 minutes. Then I drizzled about 1 T honey on each. They were SO good!!
These are wonderful! And so much easier than making a pan of baklava! Made this for Book group meeting and didn't come home with even a crumb! Followed the recipe to the letter--will be making this again soon1