Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
These mini baklava slices are perfect for a dessert tray. Recipe is from Land O Lakes.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 5 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed (18x14-inch)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in 1-quart saucepan.
- Stir in 1/2 cup honey, lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thickened (18 to 20 minutes).
- Remove from heat.
- Combine thickened honey mixture, walnuts and raisins in small bowl; mix well.
- Cool to room temperature (1 hour).
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cut phyllo sheets in half crosswise (14x9-inch rectangle).
- Place 1 1/2 cups filling on end of each phyllo rectangle.
- Roll up, starting at long (14-inch) edge.
- Combine all glaze ingredients; brush over top of dough.
- Cut into 1-inch slices with sharp knife.
- Repeat with remaining phyllo dough.
- Place baklava slices onto ungreased baking sheet, cut-side down.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let stand 1 to 2 minutes; remove from baking sheet.
- Serve warm or cool.
Scaled to half and thoroughly enjoyed. The raisins are unusual, but good. I used sultanas.