Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
I made the most wonderful Baklava on ethnic night in gourmet class. I hadn't made it in a while and started craving it when I saw this little shortcut in a magazine at the doctor's office. (The best part about the wait is scanning the magazine rack!) Also, if you want to get even more fancy and creative, top with a dollop of Nutella or chocolate fudge, or even an chocolate mint bar.
- 1 (2 1/8 ounce) boxfrozen miniature phyllo cups
- 2⁄3 cup chopped mixed nuts (I picked through and left out the peanuts.)
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the shells on a baking sheet.
- Mix the sugar and chopped nuts and fill the shells.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until the shells are lightly browned.
- Mix the honey and water in a small bowl and drizzle over the nuts.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nice and simple dessert. I sampled a couple different combinations. The first combination included walnuts, pecans and pistachios. I wasn't a big fan of the pistachios. The secound round, I mixed pecans, sugar, cinnammon and nutmeg and loved it. The third combination, I used roasted chopped pecans with sugar and drizzled nutella, which I loved.
Delicious and super easy! I doubled the recipe and took to our neighborhood Holiday House Hop. They are gorgeous and so easy to throw together. I doubled the recipe and the ingredient amounts were spot on. I used a combo of almonds, walnuts & pecans. I added about 1/16 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, which was lovely. Thanks for posting!
Love this recipe. I agree that 8 minutes is a little too long to bake them. I used the mini shells and went with 4 mins, and they were just right. I also added just a little spot of butter on top before I baked them, Nummers!!