Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 14 ounces bought puff pastry, ready-rolled if possible
- 2 tablespoons red pesto sauce or 2 tablespoons black olive paste
- 12 ounces tomatoes, to include any will do cherry,and vine have more flavour
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, drained and sliced
- salt and pepper
- mixed salad green, to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 425.
- Roll out (or open out) the pastry to give you 4 rectangles about 8" x 4".
- Place on a large baking sheet.
- Using a small sharp knife, score a half-inch border round the edge of each rectangle, but don't cut right through.
- Spread the pesto or olive paste over the pastry ensuring it stays within the border.
- Roughly slice or quarter the tomatoes on top.
- Top with the Mozarella.
- Season well and bake for 15 minutes until puffed and golden.
- Serve with salad leaves.