1/4 Photos of Baking Stone Fries
These chips are great, vary the flavor to your liking. I use no oil but if you wish spray the chips with a little oil,before putting in the oven and spray again when you turn them. You really don't need to! Try sprinkling them with salt and Adobo spice -
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large russet potatoes, cut french fry chip style
- salt & pepper
- Mrs Dash's extra spicy seasoning (or any other spice blend you like with potatoes)
- 1Peel and cut your potatoes into french fry chips.
- 2Place in cold water until you want to cook them, this removes some of the starch from the potato. Heat oven to 375°F.
- 3Place a circle of baker's paper on the cold stone, already set in the handle (rack), the paper just protects the stone and makes for easy cleaning.
- 4Dry the potatoes on paper towels and sprinkle them with salt pepper and your favorite spice blend (or garlic powder) Arrange them on the baking stone and place in the oven.
- 5After about 20 minutes take stone out of oven and turn the chips over.
- 6Return to oven and continue baking for a further 15-20 minutes or until they are brown and puffed.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baking Stone Fries
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.1
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 22.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 7.4 g