Recipe by littleturtle
This is really good if you want to use ground turkey instead of beef too.
Top Review by tmkurth
Very good with ground turkey. I had only whole wheat bread, but that worked fine. Also used onion powder instead of fresh onion. If I would change anything in making it again, I think I would have to dilute the condensed soup just enough to make it more like a gravy because it just sat there like a gel on top of those meatballs! Also, I think this recipe would turn out just as well if the whole cooking process were done on the stovetop without turning on the oven and using an extra pan. We enjoyed it served over egg noodles with steamed broccoli.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 4 slices bread, cubed
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- oil, for browning
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat bread together with milk.
- Add meat, onion, salt, pepper, any other desired seasonings, and baking powder.
- Mix well.
- Form into balls and brown in a small amount of oil.
- Place in casserole dish and pour undiluted soup over the meatballs.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes at 350°F.