Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe included in my "Grandma's Wartime Edition" Cookbook.
Make and share this Baking-Powder Biscuits (Pre-1940) recipe from Food.com.
- Mix and sift dry ingredients.
- Rub in fat with tips of fingers.
- Add milk granually to make a soft dough use a knife in mixing.
- Toss on a well floured board.
- Pat and roll out to 1 inch thickness.
- Cut with biscuit cutter rolled in flour.
- Place close together on an oiled pan.
- Bake in a hot oven 450 degrees 10-15 minutes.
not bad at all :) will be making these again :) thanks for posting
I made these as part of mine and SO's dinner and also for "Flour Power Challenge April 2008". The biscuits were light and fluffy.And as Elly in Canada said "Basic and Simple recipes are the best ".These baked up very well in about 15 minutes in my oven.Thanks for posting, and "Keep Smiling :)"
I love these old-time recipes! Always basic and very simple, I used shortening in the dough; and baked them for about 12 minutes. Nice hot with butter and jam!