Recipe by CookbookCarrie
I get this recipe from my Pillsbury Family Cookbook that was published in 1963. It was my mothers, a graduation present I believe, and I refer to it on a regular basis for the classic preparation of many foods.
Top Review by Geema
I never made drop biscuits before and had a few secret doubts. You made a believer out of me; they turned out great.I used butter instead of shortening and put the flour, baking powder, salt and the butter in my food processor, whirling it all around until it got crumbly. Then I added the milk and just gave it two seconds to barely blend. Had them for lunch with a nice big veggie salad. I'll keep this recipe to make again....thanks for sharing.
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift Flour Salt and Baking Powder into mixing bowl.
- Cut in shortening until the particles are fine.
- Add milk all at once and stir just until dough clings together and flour disappears.
- Drop by spoonfulls into greased muffin cups (2/3 full).
- Bake 450 deg for 12/15 min.