- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup cold milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and cream of tartar.
- Cut in butter until fine.
- Add milk, stirring quickly with a fork, just to moisten.
- Knead gently on a floured board. (Don't handle any more than you have to-- just enough to blend the ingredients)
- Roll out to 1 inch thick and cut out biscuits. (A drinking glass works well for this.)
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes.