1/1 Photo of Baking Powder Biscuits
Found this years ago in the food section of our local paper (San Jose Mercury News). Very good biscuits.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- 2Cut with pastry blender until particles are about the size of small peas.
- 3Pour in milk all at once.
- 4Stir just until mixture holds together.
- 5Turn out onto floured work surface and knead lightly 10 to 12 times.
- 6Roll or pat dough to thickness of 1/2 to 3/4 inch.
- 7Cut with floured cutter.
- 8For crustier sides, place biscuits about 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- 9For softer sides, place biscuits with sides touching or 1/4 inch apart.
- 10Brush with milk.
- 11Bake at 425°F for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baking Powder Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.2
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 3.2 mg
- Sodium 338.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.9 g