Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Such a fan of these! I literally have an addiction. I suppose their not very healthy, but they're good for the soul. The family loves them.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grease 2 8-inch cake pans.
- Put flour, salt, baking powder, cream of tartar, and sugar in a bowl.
- Cut shortning into flour with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add milk all at once and stir just until dough forms a ball around fork.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured board or pastry cloth and kneed 14 times.
- Pat until 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut into rounds with a 2-inch cookie cutter.
- Place touching each other in cake pans and bake for 15-20 minutes.