1/2 Photos of Baking Powder Biscuits
These are great! Nice and easy, and light and yummy. I get about 16 biscuits with this recipe. I like the versatility as well. I add cheese or garlic; whatever hits me at the time. I almost always add extra sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease two 8-inch cake pans.
- 2Put the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar in a bowl.
- 3Cut in the shortening until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 4Add the milk all at once and stir just until the dough forms a ball around the fork.
- 5Turn dough out onto a lightly floured board and knead 14 times.
- 6Pat until 1/2-inch thick.
- 7Cut into rounds with a 2-inch cookie cutter.
- 8Place, touching each other, in the cake pans and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- 9CRUSTY BISCUITS.
- 10Roll biscuits to 1/4-inch thick and place 1-inch apart in pan.
- 11Bake in a 450 degree oven for 12 minutes.
- 12Yields almost double the biscuits.
- 13BUTTERMILK BISCUITS.
- 14Use 2/3 cup buttermilk instead of sweet milk, 1/2 teaspoons baking soda and only 2 teaspoons baking powder.
- 15CHEESE BISCUITS.
- 16Add 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese to dry ingredients.
- 17DROP BISCUITS.
- 18Add additional 1/3 cup milk and use a baking sheet.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baking Powder Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (549 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.6
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 1.4 mg
- Sodium 168.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 1.9 g