Recipe by children from A to Z
I have never been able to make fluffy biscuits until I found this recipe. This is from my grandmother's old cookbook. Encyclopedia of Cooking & Homemaking, this is from the 40's. l love how easy these are to make and they taste great also.
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients and sift twice.
- Work in the shortening with a pastry blender or two knives.
- Add the liquid gradually, mixing to a soft dough.
- You may need to add an extra tablespoon of milk if too dry.
- Toss on floured board, pat to one-half inch in thickness.
- Cut out with a glass or biscuit cutter.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes.