Prep 15 mins
Cook 28 mins
Thie recipe is adapted from one from Bisquick.
- 2⁄3 cup baking mix
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and diced or 1 lb chicken, cooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Stir together baking mix, water, and egg.
- Spray 8 X 8 pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- Place batter in bottom of pan.
- Sprinkle 1 1/4 cups of cheddar over batter.
- Combine cooked chicken and salsa and heat through.
- Spoon chicken mixture over batter in pan to within 1/2" of edges.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 1 to 3 minutes longer or until cheese melts.
- Loosen from sides of pan.