Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Perfect for camping, RVing or boating! Can be used in any recipe calling for store-bought baking mix. Found on the King Arthur Flour website. Recipes using this baking mix include: Quick No-Knead Cinnamon Rolls
- 9 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (may substitute up to 4 1/2 cups whole wheat flour)
- 1⁄3 cup double-acting baking powder (2 3/8 oz.)
- 5 teaspoons salt (1 oz.)
- 3⁄4 cup powdered milk (3.75 oz.)
- 3⁄4 cup dried dry buttermilk (3.75 oz.)
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar (2 3/8 oz.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable shortening (Crisco or similar)
- Measure all the dry ingredients and put into a large bowl, whisking together to blend.
- Mix in the shortening using a food processor, pastry fork, or fingers, until the mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
- Store mix in plastic air tight bags or container for up to one month at room; or longer in the freezer.