Recipe by BakinBaby
Delish.. Zucchini recipe, with cumin, ground beef,red bell pepper and corn. You can use mexicorn ( 1 each 12 oz. can) instead of corn and red pepper. This recipe comes from an old Country Living Recipe Book. . When I make this for the kids, I omit the cumin. Quick and easy!!
Top Review by breezermom
Delicious! I can actually have this great homestyle meal on my diet using ground sirloin, and I have missed so much having a dish like this. I wanted to, but didn't add any cheese, and realized that this is fabulous without it! I halved the recipe, but I did go ahead and add the 8 oz of tomato sauce because after adding half.....it just cried out for it!! (used no salt added tomato sauce). Just loved this....thanks Bakinbaby!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion (roughly chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper (roughly chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs zucchini (sliced-about 5 cups)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper (crushed)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 ears corn (shaved-or 1 cup frozen or canned corn)
- parmesan cheese or cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute' ground beef,chopped red pepper ( omit if using mexicorn),onion and garlic in medium skillet, until meat is well browned.
- Add zucchini, salt,cumin & pepper, cook over medium heat 8 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, crushed red pepper and corn or (canned mexicorn), bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 10-15 minutes or until zucchini is beginning to soften.
- If mixture is too thick, add a little water (about 1/2 cup. or chicken broth).
- Top each serving with parmesan cheese or cheddar cheese. We like parmesan.