1/2 Photos of Bakinbaby's Zucchini Summer Casserole
Delish.. Zucchini recipe, with cumin, ground beef,red bell pepper and corn. You can use mexicorn ( 1 each 12 oz. can) instead of corn and red pepper. This recipe comes from an old Country Living Recipe Book. . When I make this for the kids, I omit the cumin. Quick and easy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper (roughly chopped)
- 1 1/2 lbs zucchini (sliced-about 5 cups)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper (crushed)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 ears corn (shaved-or 1 cup frozen or canned corn)
- parmesan cheese or cheddar cheese
- 1Saute' ground beef,chopped red pepper ( omit if using mexicorn),onion and garlic in medium skillet, until meat is well browned.
- 2Add zucchini, salt,cumin & pepper, cook over medium heat 8 minutes.
- 3Add tomato sauce, crushed red pepper and corn or (canned mexicorn), bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 10-15 minutes or until zucchini is beginning to soften.
- 4If mixture is too thick, add a little water (about 1/2 cup. or chicken broth).
- 5Top each serving with parmesan cheese or cheddar cheese. We like parmesan.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bakinbaby's Zucchini Summer Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.3
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 562.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 18.2 g