Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
The brown sugar and kraut melds into a sweet and sour compliment to the pork ribs. Bone in Country Style is prefered.
- 3 lbs country-style pork ribs
- 1 (17 ounce) can sauerkraut
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 onion (chopped rough)
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 apple (granny smith chopped rough)
- sea salt and fesh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Season ribs with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Brown ribs in skillet with a bit of olive oil, turning to make sure ribs and brown on all sides.
- Add saurkraut (no drained), onion, brown sugar,apple and juice to 2 quart baking dish (with lid).
- Combine browned meat with kraut mixture.
- Bake in covered pan about 2 hours or until pork is tender.
- You may need to add more apple juice if mixture begins to dry out.