Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy and elegant made from a box, but who would have thought? I like to use the Savory herb stove top stuffing mix, but you can use any flavor you have on hand. DH and I are watching our cholesterol intake and are amazed at how low this dish is and so satisfying.
- In a skillet saute onion,celery,and apple in olive oil, cook about 4 minutes.
- In the mean time, boil broth,butter and water.
- Add sauted vegetables and dry stuffing mix along with cran-raisins and cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let stand 5 min, fluff with a fork.
- You can serve immediately or bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
This was so easy and my family loved it.We added the cranberries and it really brightened it up. I will make this again, for sure!
Very good! Made plain Stove Top fancy. I made with low-sodium chicken flavored and left out the celery. The addition of the apples and craisins gives it a nice sweet flavor. I will be making this again! Made for Everyday Holiday.
This was great! I usually make my own bread for stuffing, but this was a quick and easy way to make a really good stuffing. And I would suggest to add the cranberries....yum!