Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Bacon,mushrooms, red pepper and onions bring excitement to the scrambled egg. If using leftover bacon drippings isn't your thing, you might try olive oil. This has become DH's favorite breakfast. Sometimes I eat one of the pieces of bacon (while DH isn't looking), so if you're like me, plan on cooking more. Adding the cheese and bacon right before serving insures the bacon is crisp and the cheese is barely melted. revision: 7/17/09 per kate's review: at step 5 be ready and prepared to add back in the sauted veggies when eggs are not quite done, certainly not set, but not completely runny, if you let the eggs cook too much, you'll end up with over cooked eggs, no fun!!!! Then right before serving toss/fold in the fried bacon. I'm sorry this was not completley clear in my original posting of the recipe.
- 3 slices bacon
- 3⁄4 cup mushroom (roughly diced)
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper (diced)
- 1⁄3 cup onion (diced)
- 1⁄4 cup Mexican blend cheese
- 4 eggs
- salt & pepper
- Cook bacon till crisp in a 8-10" skillet; drain and cut bacon into 1/2" slices.
- Pour off grease and return 1-2 Tbsp (some folks suggest less) bacon grease back into pan and saute' onions & peppers about 5 minutes, stir in mushrooms; continue to cook over low heat until veggies are crisp tender ( not mushy);Place veggie mix in a small dish, set aside.
- Wipe skillet clean, add some olive oil to the skillet and scramble eggs.
- While the eggs are still soft, stir in cheese, continue cooking until eggs are just beginning to set not runny, but before they are setting up, add veggies, and immediately fold in bacon pieces right before serving.
- Serve on individual plates.
This made a wonderful and delicious breakfast. So simple and full of ingredients I just love. I will use it again.
Delicious! This was the perfect start to our day! Easy, full of flavour and so tasty; we'll definitely be having this again!
Enjoyed this for lunch. I used Kittencal's Kittencal's Fluffiest Scrambled Eggs for the eggs. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag. :)