Recipe by BakinBaby
Mrs. Dash seasoning is so fun to experiement with. This simple tuna sandwich gets a unique kick with the addition of Mrs. Dash original seasoning. Bread can be toasted or served plain, with or without additional mayonnise.
Top Review by Chocolatl
This is a nice twist on tuna. Loved the addition of the egg and the water chestnuts. I didn't put tomato on my sandwich, just because I don't care much for tomato on sandwiches. DH had his as a tuna melt on toasted bread with colby cheese. Really good, thanks for posting!
- 1 (5 ounce) can albacore tuna (drained-give drippings to the kitty)
- 1 egg (boiled & diced)
- 1⁄4 cup celery (diced)
- 2 tablespoons water chestnuts (diced-optional)
- 2 tablespoons red onions (diced or green onion if red is not available)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- 1 tomatoes (sliced)
- lettuce leaf
- 4 slices bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix celery,onion,water chestnuts (optional),drained tuna, seasonings & mayonnaise in a small bowl, allow to set for 4-5 minutes.
- Divide tuna mixture in half and spread on two slices of bread (or toast), top with tomato slice and lettuce leaf, bread slices can be spread with mayonnaise if desired.