Mrs. Dash seasoning is so fun to experiement with. This simple tuna sandwich gets a unique kick with the addition of Mrs. Dash original seasoning. Bread can be toasted or served plain, with or without additional mayonnise.
- 1 (5 ounce) can albacore tuna (drained-give drippings to the kitty)
- 1 egg (boiled & diced)
- 1⁄4 cup celery (diced)
- 2 tablespoons water chestnuts (diced-optional)
- 2 tablespoons red onions (diced or green onion if red is not available)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- 1 tomato (sliced)
- lettuce leaf
- 4 slices bread
- Mix celery,onion,water chestnuts (optional),drained tuna, seasonings & mayonnaise in a small bowl, allow to set for 4-5 minutes.
- Divide tuna mixture in half and spread on two slices of bread (or toast), top with tomato slice and lettuce leaf, bread slices can be spread with mayonnaise if desired.
This is a nice twist on tuna. Loved the addition of the egg and the water chestnuts. I didn't put tomato on my sandwich, just because I don't care much for tomato on sandwiches. DH had his as a tuna melt on toasted bread with colby cheese. Really good, thanks for posting!
This is such a great tuna salad! I left out the water chestnuts. The Mrs. Dash adds a great flavor. I really enjoyed adding the egg to the tuna. Just served this on toast and we all enjoyed! I will make this again!